Saturday, September 29, 2007

Memories - lost forever or remembered forever


Memories are good and bad experiences that you recall from you brain. Memories are what keeps us going in life. Memories are often accompanied by feelings and emotions. Everything we learn becomes a memory. We reflect on the nature of memory every single day. Memories feel so realistic that it is the best feeling in the world. Every day occurences become tomorrow's memories. Memory is time that is continuous, through which the present and the past are intertwined together. Some people have a photograhic memory and remember whatever they see, through their eyes. Others have memories that they recall when reading something for the first time and then remembering everything they read. Memories are images that feel so good inside you and make you want to talk about them with other people.

On the other hand, memories could be misplaced or lost or some form of amnesia. Some people suffer from memory lost and get so frustrated because every thing seems to be the first time for them instead of having a memory or an experience that they should remember. Sometimes we have to search for memory which is not a good encounter. Some people suffer from memory impairment and their brain just loses the storage of the memory. This must be a horrible event to live through. Hopefully with treatment, people could get back their memories. Memories are such a part of your life that someone with a memory loss probably would not feel like a whole person.

I feel memories are good and I am so glad that I have so many to share and express to my family and friends. Just thinking about my memories of high school, friends or my grandfather that just passed away this December brings such joy to my face. I love to reflect on the nature of memory when I am alone at night in my bed. I love to think about everything and everyone that comes to my mind either from my day-to-day experiences or to recall memories from my past experiences. I seem to remember the good and block the bad incidents. Memories are stored in our brain and we all have long-term memories and short-term memories. I am glad that we have both to stumble upon. There is nothing like a feeling of leaving your house and forgetting where you put your car keys. I do this all the time, so I think I already have short-term memory loss, but I just make a joke of it. Memories become your best friend and they are great to reminisce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think you captured memories really well. you gave them a kind of life and the picture is pretty too =)