Saturday, September 8, 2007

Why i Write

I write because I am told. I write for my own free will. I write for the person I am. I write for the child I was. I write for the adult I thrive to be. I write to express myself. I write to my loved ones looking down at the pages. I write to the heavens. I write to hell. I write when I am enraged. I write to remember moments with close friends. I write to remember the yesterdays. I write to find the building blocks I need to succeed. I write when I am in pursuit of a goal. I write when I am enlightened. I write when there are no thoughts. I write when there are thoughts bombarding my head. I write to settle unfinished disputes. I write to cause conflict. I write to strengthen my words. I write to create my own world. I write to make words 3-D. I write to drain the sadness from my eyes. I write for people that are to coward to speak up. I write to stand out. I write to blend in. I write to make peace with my past. I write to discover what my mind holds. I write to stand up for what I believe in. I write because it makes me less fearful of what lies ahead. I write for people to remember my good and forgive my mistakes. I write to calm down after a stressful day. I write knowing my words will not completely express what I am saying. I write and write but, still people do not understand me, still do not want to step into my shoes. I realize I can only write for myself, and my own happiness. I realize I have nothing to prove to those people. Why I write is a good question, and the answer is for me.

No comments: